Tuesday, 18 April 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Beautiful Chaos by Robert M. Drake

Hello! 
I hope life is treating you well and if not, then you've come to the right place ;) *teethy grin*
That sounded quite cheesy -_-

But let me tell you what isn't cheesy- the fact that I've started obsessing over poetry! Yes me, an almost-19 year old, British, broken and bookish gal has started obsessing over poems =)

Here's my review of Beautiful Chaos by Robert M Drake..maybe you know him as 'rm drake' on Instagram

Goodreads blurb
23434371

This book employs the comparative method to understand societal collapses to which environmental problems contribute to the common youth and society as a whole. We all are broken and broken is its own kind of beautiful.


GENRE: Romance, Poetry
AUTHOR: Robert M Drake
SOURCE: Bought, paperback
PAGE NUMBER: 215

RELEASE DATE: 2013*

First off, I love LOVE the last line of the blurb. 'We all are broken and broken is its own kind of beautiful'. That's probably what convinced me to just spontaneously buy it from Amazon.
Truth be told, the cover itself is compelling enough to 'judge' its greatness. Ooh! And let me tell you about the texture! It has that..nice feel. I can't actually explain it :/ but it's a good feel.

So this adorable yellow book is capable of many things. It made me feel not so alone. It also inspired me to do a little writing of my own. 

I read this in one sitting, prolly an hour. And I've re-read it about four times since then. 
Whilst initially wary of annotating and marking it with my swanky new Post-It Index stickies, I've done exactly that for the purpose of this review :)

All in all, nothing bad and critical can be said of poetry books. I mean, they're the authors'. There's no wrong or right...right?

That said, rm drake is a talented someone. The poems in here are something special. Cases in point:


  • So hear me,  soon enough we will meet again old friend. I will carry your soul in my heart. The same heart you helped me build



No comments:

Post a Comment