But on a brighter note, I'm going to give you a review of a highly anticipated novel at the top of my TBR list!
I can confirm that I completed Long Way Down in the early hours of this morning. My tears (both happy and sad) weighed a total of 7.5ml and my mood is forever changed.
Here it is
With a seven-year age difference, Ryke & Daisy have faced an uphill battle in the eyes of the world and their families. Known as the most adventurous, fast-paced couple — their next step has always been elusive to the rabid media.
Behind the scenes, heartbreaking troubles continue to test Ryke & Daisy’s resilience and shape their future together.
To never slow down.
To never compromise who they are.
To never abandon their love for each other.
But preserving their happiness also means adding more risks. Ones that Connor Cobalt wouldn’t even take. As a professional free-solo climber, Ryke is no stranger to risk, but his next step with Daisy wagers more than just his health.
With their lives on the line, Ryke & Daisy head towards the vast, wild unknown in this epic final conclusion to the Addicted series.
*blows out long whistle* This novel, in a word, was fabulous.
I mean, it's so much more than hottie Ryke (amongst the other guys) and crazy Daisy and their spicy s e x scenes and banter.
This novel- this whole series- it welcomed me. I love this world. This is my happy place. It gave me a second chance and a second look at everything. Especially love. And friends and family. Granted it hasn't made me into a hopeless romantic, but I no longer roll my eyes at sappy couples, so win?
Back to the point: This series put the character development between our gang into perspective. This quote beautifully sums it all up:
''I've watched Lo become sober. I've watched Lily curb a relentless addiction. (I'm proud of you, sis). I've watched Rose blaze her own trail and put fire to stereotypes. I've watched Connor fall in love. With more than just himself. I've watched Ryke Meadows unclip his shackles and rise again. And me. I've discovered who I am. I'm not letting her go or hiding her to please other people.I immensely delved myself into this novel and it was all worth it. The ninth novel :')
The plots got me crying but the happy moments, the banter, the jokes, the realism- got me on top of the world.
I don't mean to keep bringing myself into this review but like music, and other forms of art, every story is a different experience for the reader. Whether it's what they've been through, what they're going through or what has yet to happen; you either relate and recount through reading or you dream. With your eyes wide open :)
That make sense? What I'm saying is that I needed this series. It helped me hold on. And I'll be forever grateful.
There's nothing more to say, other than it was a brilliant way to tie up lose ends and end the series (but there is another follow-up - woohoo!). It did take me well over a month to complete it but that's just because I wanted to savour it lol.
Time for my favourite quotes!
- But seeing Ryke happy touches a place inside of me that won't darken so quickly. It may be the only part that stays lit when depression crawls my way 💘
- For as long as I fucking live, I'm never letting anyone put out your light. They'll have to crawl over my dead fucking body.
- ''Don't quit the fucking things you love, sweetie'', I tell [her]. It'll kill you inside.
- I turn around to no one. The sky darkens. I scream without her. I live without her.
- Daisy smiles more. Don't stop sweetheart. I kiss the top of her head...
- He never gives up on me, even when I disappear at night. Even when I wane like the setting sun. His love is unyielding and exists to cloak me through laughter and pain.
- I inhale the crisp air, waiting to feel better. I feel sadder.
- I understand being sad in ways that don't necessarily make sense. To wake up feeling a little dimmer than the day before, a little emptier, and his grief has manifested into his leeching sorrow. I see it in his eyes.
- I know he's stronger now, but whatever's eating at him must be dragging him down.
- It brightens something deep inside of me, something that's still fighting to stay alive.
- While we rest in silence, pages are being written between us. Telling the story of a crazy, sad girl and a fucking dangerous, lonely guy.
- I hold onto this, beyond everything else that's fucking gone. It keeps my head up.
- Stop pretending to be fine when all you really want to do is fucking scream?!
- I scream, so hard that my lungs bleed and my voice punctures the air.
- I scream until it bursts into a cry, until my body is weightless and free.
- ..The guys who watched me flounder in Paris and find myself on a wild American roadtrip.
- And I see us in the sky. I see us in the sun and the clouds.
OKAY! I have to get to work and slightly stop myself before I type out the whole novel. However! I will continue with the quotes.
I love you all so much, including the authors and characters of this series
Here are my links : (if ya interested)
I'm even giving you my email address
SEE YOU IN MY NEXT POST!!